Acne is honestly one of the worst things that can happen to your face. It is stubborn, hard to cure and leaves scars. We should try to prevent acne by taking good care of our skin which also includes cleaning our makeup brushes. You may have read or heard on numerous occasions to not to touch your face because, your face contains bacteria which could cause acne infections. Now, what makes you think that makeup brushes do not contain bacteria.
Makeup brushes contain the most bacteria after your cell phone because, you use them on your face, which is sometimes sweaty, you share them with your friends, and often put them out in the open which makes them more vulnerable to dust, germs and bacteria. This is why you should always keep your makeup brushes clean. Sadly, not many of us do that. According to a survey conducted by the Huffington Post, only 61% of women clean their makeup brushes at least once a month and the others clean it less often or do not clean them at all.
Dirty makeup brushes cause breakouts more than anything else. Not only this but, dirty makeup brushes can cause a lot more serious damage then acne infections like, fungus, herpes, inflammation, skin puffiness and paralysis.
If you keep using dirty makeup brushes on your face then you are allowing oil, dried sweat, dust and bacteria to glide onto your face and hence, giving them an open invitation to cause acne infections on your face.
How to clean your makeup brushes?Now, that we have addressed the problem, let us head towards the solution. Dermatologists all around the world suggest and urge women to wash their makeup brushes at least once a week, if not on a daily basis. Here is how you can wash your makeup brushes without any hassle.
Method Number 1:For this method, you will need Dettol anti septic liquid, dish washing soap, and coconut oil or almond oil and a bowl.
- In a bowl, pour almond oil at one corner and the dish washing soap at the other but, do not mix them.
- Dab your brush in the almond or coconut oil first. You will see your makeup changing the color of the oil. The oil is removing the makeup from your brush.
- Then dab the makeup brush in the dish washing soap to remove the oil. Then clean it with water.
- In a bowl of water add a few drops of the Dettol anti septic liquid and put your makeup brushes in that water to kill all the germs. Take them out after a while and let them dry at a clean place.
Method Number 2:For this method, you will need a cup, a makeup removing micellar water and your dirty makeup brushes of course.
- Pour a good amount of micellar water into the cup but, do not pour too much. You will not be needing much.
- Dab and stir your dirty makeup brush into it and clean with water. Then let it dry at a clean place.
Method Number 3:For this method, you need a makeup removing tray or palate, dish washing soap and your dirty makeup brushes.
- Dab your makeup brush in the dish washing soap.
- Then hold the makeup removing tray under running water and glide your makeup brush on that tray to deep clean your makeup brush.
- You can choose to drench them in an anti septic liquid to kill the germs.